Thursday, January 2, 2014

You Rock - Word Art Wednesday and Paper Smooches Sparks challenges

Hello Again!
Two posts in one day after being absent for two weeks, I'm trying to make up for lost time! :-)
I've got a few thank you cards to make so here is the first I've finished and it's for my brother-in-law.  We pick names for Christmas and he had my name this year and he "rocked" in what he gave me!  An awesome Fossil handbag and a beautiful midnight blue (my favorite all time color) silk scarf is what he chose and he couldn't have picked out anything better!  Thanks Larry!!

I've entered this thank you card at

Sorry the pic is a bit on the dark side.

I thought the sketch from My Favorite Things would be perfect for this card, I wanted something masculine and easy for snail mail.  The paper is Blissful Blizzard 6x6 paper pad from Fancy Pants Designs.  The Paper Smooches stamp is Sentiment Sampler (love the set and fonts!!!!!)  I double stamped "You Rock" with Memento rich cocoa and Memento Brilliance Moonlight White (Dew Drop);  I made the flag embellishments from the designer paper and scissors.
 

Here is a pic of the INSIDE of the card:

The fence edger punch is by Martha Stewart and I ink distressed around the edges of the  Bazzill c/s with Frayed Burlap (Ranger Distress Ink).

Thanks for visiting again today!!  God bless!

So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.  Psalm 90:12

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Great masculine cards! Happy New Year, Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great masculine card...I always had a hard time with those ;0).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card and love those papers. I have them and need to dig them out. Great masculine card, beautifully designed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Natalie, and I like how masculine it is :) Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Natalie! I hope you've entered into 2014 with lots of blessings, and I pray that God will continue to bless you as the year progresses. Thanks so much for stopping by to share another one of your fabulous cards with us. Thanks so much for sharing, and have a blessed week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Natalie, I just love this card and the fence. Wish I had more time to visit more often but work and family are keeping me tied up. Keep creating these beautiful masterpieces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Manly cards are such a challenge for me, but you rocked this one! :) Thanks so much for playing along with this week's SPARKS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! You won my Season's Givings blog hop prize! Can you email me at camph27 at hotmail dot com so I can get that out to you!

    ReplyDelete