Saturday, June 21, 2014

A Bouquet to Encourage (Curtain Call and Sister Act #62)

Hello Delightful Friends and Family!
Here is a card I made for a friend at church who needs a little bit of encouraging. 
 I hope this card will brighten her day! Nothing like a bouquet of flowers to bring a smile.

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:


Front of card: Taylored Expressions stamp, dies (hello and frame) and ribbon. I've used the Whitewashed Woodgrain Technique for the background again (see last post for link).  I've popped up the flowers with a dimensional, they were colored with Copics and a dot of Liquid Pearls were added to their centers.  The designer paper is My Minds Eye (Collectible) Inks: Memento (Tuxedo Black) and to whitewash: Memento Espresso Truffle and Tsukineko Brillance Moonligt White. Card stock: Bazzill.  It's hard to tell but I've layered the hello, the bottom layer is the teal colored c/s and I've offset it just a bit and the top layer is black and I've added Glossy Accents to add more dimension and shine.

Here is the encouraging part of the card... 
Both sentiments are from Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps (Be Encouraged and The Future Stamp sets).  I've used the same Frame Die from Taylored Expressions that I used on the front. Upper Crest Border Punch (Fiskars) finishes the bottom of the card.
Well that's it for me today.  I spent the afternoon at the beach to celebrate Addy's 5th birthday.  Next post I'll share the card I made for her.  Thanks for visiting!

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and the He rewards those who earnestly seek Him. Hebrews 11:6


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful encouraging card with God's Word! I love the papers and the sweet jar stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shine on the "hello" die cut. Wonderful encouraging card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Natalie! Such a pretty vase of flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Natalie! Love the way the bg paper looks like it is a companion for the flowers in your vase. Super card layout. Thanks for linking your work up at Sister Act. Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete