Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Summer Fun Card!

Hello Delightful friends and family!
Hope this summer day was a pleasant one for you.  It cooled off a bit today and late this afternoon I spent about 3 hours doing yard work at my mom's home with my daughter Amy and my sister Brooke.  It's amazing how fast the weeds take over!  Mom gets home tomorrow from having hip replacement surgery late June and even has the okay to drive home.  This hip surgery was much easier for her than the last one.  So thankful to the Lord for her speedy recovery.
Here is a card I did this evening and I will enter it at the following challenges:

The Cutting Edge Challenge #4 (inspiration photo)
Word Art Wednesday #142 Anything goes



 I was inspired by the colors black, red, white and gray, the baker's twine and squares. It was strange not to add a sentiment to the front but I am waiting for an occasion to come up before adding one.  This could be a cute beach party themed birthday card or a summer "thinking of you" card. I added a simple sentiment inside.

Here is the inspiration photo for my card:


Inside card with sentiment from Taylored Expressions "Summer Lovin" stamp set (Key Ingredient Stamp of the Month set); I've used the matching dies from this set  for the Flip Flops on the front of the card (see image below) and 2 different Spellbinder Nestabilites (Labels One and A2 Matting Basics B); EK Success Wave border Punch; Ink: Hero Arts Red Royal mid tone and Archival Jet Black;
The Designer paper is WeR Memory Keepers (Chalkboard 6x6 pad); baker's twine (WR Memory Keepers) Button (my stash).

Here is the cute Taylored Expressions die set I used.



Well, that's it for me tonight.  Thanks for visiting and have a great week!

Love never fails.  1 Corinthians 13:8



Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Super cute card, Natalie! The inside is wonderful too! I would love to jump in some polkadot waves! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fabulous card, Natalie! One of my favorites from you :) Thanks for sharing and enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Natalie!! LOVE that you chose the colors from the inspiration card to make your card!! LOVE the black, white and red...and how you carried your summer card's look and then sentiment into the inside of your card...sweet card:)!! So happy you joined the challenge this week at The Cutting Edge:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Natalie! This is SO cute and super fun. Thanks so much for sharing with us,
    God bless you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete