Thursday, July 17, 2014

Surfer Dude Birthday!

Hello Delightful friends and family!
Quick post to share a masculine "dude" card.  I used Distress Markers and Ink for this project and a stamp set from Avery Elle (van, surf board & sentiment), the sun is a die from Taylored Expressions and I've used Glossy Accents on the van windows and the sun.  I'm just learning to use the water color technique with the inks and markers (yikes, so out of my comfort zone!)  It was kinda fun, though!  I tried to give the water some depth, I was remembering that when I drive up the coast and above the ocean, it's so cool to see the different colors and depths of the water and when the sun shines on it just sparkles!  No way can I capture all of that.
 We've been having some gorgeous sunsets here and I hope I can grab a photo of one tonight after Bible Study (if not tonight maybe this weekend).


I'm entering this card at the following challenge:


Thanks for looking!  Have an excellent day!

But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed.  Isaiah 53:5

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. This is among my top 5 favorites from you, Natalie :) Another great card! Have a bright and happy weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card. I have a fear of using my distressed inks. I just can't seem to get it right. Thanks so much for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card of the beach Dude! Well done for dipping your toe into the water colour effects you can create with Disress inks. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz, hoep to see you again. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic masculine card. Looks like a canvas. Great colors and images Natalie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and I love the way you've used the Distress Inks.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    Helen x
    www.craftinghelen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can say is that you did a great job! You were able to effectively blend the different shades so, this is wonderful! Thanks for blessing us with your card at our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Leaving you with God's Word of encouragement in Psalm 16:8 which says, "I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." God bless always.

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete