Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Seek the Lord - Word Art Wednesday #201

Hello my delightful friends and family!
I am having a rough go here with my laptop in the shop! (pray for me and for my laptop!) It's the only computer in my home, so this has been really difficult getting my weekly routine done here online.  I apologize to all the wonderful participants at Word Art Wednesday that I've not been able to comment on, as I usually do. So once I get the laptop back I will be playing catch up!
 Getting my card finished for this week was the easy part, but I had to learn a different program to edit and add a watermark, it's wasn't too terribly time consuming, just not the norm and a little inconvenient.
So here is my card for Word Art Wednesday #201 Anything Goes - Family Friendly we would love for you to join in the challenge and perhaps you will be one of the prize winners!!


This turned out to be a pretty simple card and I really liked the colors.  I've used 3 Distress Inks (Abandoned Coral, Fossilized Amber and Worn Lipstick); a Heidi Swapp Stencil (butterflies in the background) and 2 Spellbinder Dies (butterfly and Deckled Rectangle).
Can you see the subtle butterflies in the background. I've printed the Scripture out on Vellum so you can see through to the background.  I've used Ranger Water Color paper for the background and "smooshed" the colors on my Craft Sheet,applied the watercolor paper onto the misted ink, then dried it with the heat gun.  Then I used the stencil to make the butterfly pattern (6x6 pattern and we carry this at Scrapper's Edge).  I also used the same colors for the die cut butterfly and then added Wink of Stella (clear) the picture below shows the glimmer much better.


This word art Scripture is so powerful and I hold it close to my heart.  Seek the Lord and His strength!  Oh my that says so much.  First, if we would truly seek the Lord (that is His heart towards you, I hope you know...) and there are so many verses that request us to SEEK Him. How else will I get to know Him if I don't seek Him?  This isn't a casual relationship, this needs to be a passionate, heart yearning desire in us to know Him.
We can seek to know Him and His strength.  I cannot do anything without the Lord's strength, I'm learning that more and more.  Seek His face continually... like I said, this is not a casual fling, it's a head over heels in love with Jesus relationship.  How about you? Are you seeking the Lord or is it a one-sided relationship with the Lord waiting for you to take that step towards Him? I think that is an invitation and I hope with all my heart you will accept it.  God bless!

Seek the Lord and His strength, seek His face continually.  1 Chronicles 16:11

Thanks for visiting!



 Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Having the background framed and adorned with that beautiful butterfly was brilliant. I'm sorry to hear about your computer, mine has a few issues that can slow a person down. Blessings and a hug Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie, these colors are AMAZING! And the layers look just perfect! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete