Wednesday, March 16, 2016

His Word, My Hope - Word Art Wednesday Challenge #222

Hello Delightful Friends and Family!
Just a quick post to share this weeks card for Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes Challenge # 222. This is a two week challenge!
This last week has been super busy with some extra church services and our friend from Nebraska staying with us for a week. Never a dull moment around the Houston home, that's for sure!

Here's my card this week (I've been playing with watercolors and brush techniques from the Online Card Class I took - however, I covered it up with vellum and this weeks Scripture art!)


Here are the ingredients:
I stamped (Archival Tree Branch ink) the flower using Stampers Anonymous Flower Garden and using a #12 Winsor & Newton Cotman round brush made the leaves/vines and #2 Round brush to paint the flowers.  Watercolors used were Reeves Sap Green, M. Graham & Co. Quinacridone Rose and Quinacridone Gold  mixed for the flowers.
I've embellished with seam binding ribbon and adhered a  Maya Road Mini Sparkle & Shine Resin flower. I've cut the vellum (Paper Accents) and the watercolor paper (Ranger) with the Lawn Fawn Stitched Journal die set. The card base is white Neenah 80lb card stock and matted the focal piece with black card stock.  The verse from Psalm 130:5 is a wonderful encouragement and I can think of quite a few friends that I could send this to.  

This Scripture art is free and you are welcome to use it!  Don't forget there are prizes to win at Word Art Wednesday this week.  Our sponsors this week are The Kraft Outlet and Imagine That.

I got to thinking about the word "wait" in this verse, noticed it is used twice. Often we think about waiting as doing nothing but wait!  But I think of it also in the context of serving (like a waiter) as well as "waiting" expectantly for an answer or for deliverance.  But as I wait, I want to serve and seek the Lord as I am waiting on Him - we can be actively looking into His Word so that our soul and spirit might be filled with hope.  If we sit and get stagnant we might begin to get discouraged, we might begin to murmur and we might begin to doubt.  Isn't that just like the enemy of our soul, he knows how to push those buttons doesn't he? We begin to look inward instead of upward and pretty soon we are depressed and frustrated.  So let's get our eyes focused on Jesus and begin to look upward knowing that He will help us fulfill His purpose in our lives and give us the strength we need for this journey called life.  He is faithful.  To God be all the glory!


Thanks so much for visiting today!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh Natalie that's a truly wonderful card, love it with the vellum overlay...very partial to vellum. Thanks for sharing this precious scripture too, our Lord indeed is the One to Whom we look for help. Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete