Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Word Art Wednesday #221 and Ink Lifting

Hello Delightful Friends and Family!
It's time for Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes (Family Friendly) Challenge #221 and I also have a fun and easy technique to share today that I saw Jennifer McGuire share on her blog a few weeks ago.  It's called ink lifting. I've used Distress Inks (Festive Berries, Spiced Marmalade & Abandoned Coral)  and an ink blender to create the background - covering completely the 4 x 5.25 piece of  80lb Neenah bright white card stock with the inks. Next I stamped the image (Penny Black stamp - Softly) then I used a water brush and lightly added water to the petals of the stamp then with a clean paper towel, I pressed down to lift the water up, which lifted the ink, too.  You have to take card in not rubbing the area because that will pill the paper and eventually cause the paper to pucker up and the area won't be smooth.  So take your time, let the water do it's job and don't rub the paper.  Hope that makes sense.  Head over to Jennifer's blog and watch the tutorial she has done and it will explain it better, plus you'll see her pretty card, too!

 (I have the hardest time taking a straight picture, it's the weirdest thing...)

This picture shows that I've popped up the butterfly and if you look closer you can see I've used Wink of Stella (clear) on the wings for a bit of glimmer. I love the color combination of these Distress Inks!


Hope you will join us at Word Art Wednesday and link up your creation and share.  It's fun to see so many entries and Newton's Nook and All Dressed Up are the sponsors for challenge #221! That should encourage you to play along with us! It's a two week Anything Goes challenge!

Our Scripture art this week is Deuteronomy 31:8.  A beautiful and encouraging verse - a promise from the Lord, that He will go before us, be with us, will not forsake us - our part is to stand strong in Him and not be afraid nor dismayed.  Isn't it good to know that God is in control?! I believe it is repeated 365 times in the Bible to "fear not" or "be not afraid"  that's a reminder for every day of the year!  That would be a fabulous word study wouldn't it?!!  I know I need to be reminded not to be fearful at times, how about you?  I'm so thankful that I serve the Lord Jesus Christ and He does not fail...ever!

Other Ingredients:
Dies: Spellbinder Nestabilities, Deckled Rectangle; Flutters Die-Delites
Pen: Micron 08 (faux stitching)
Vellum - Paper Accents
Ranger Detail water brush

Thanks so much for visiting!

“And the LORD, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed.” Deuteronomy 31:8 (NKJV)

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Natalie, love it, and I made a card with this ink lifting too, but like particularly how you've done it. Don't know those DI colours, apart from marmalade too many to keep up with these days.
    Love Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done - that technique is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete