Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Empowered by God's Peace - Word Art Wednesday #238 and #239

Hello Delightful friends and family!
Hope all my USA friends and family had a fun day celebrating Independence Day!  We had a nice barbecue at our daughter's home, then went to our other daughter's home to see the fireworks!  Fun times!

Well it's time for our Word Art Wednesday Challenge (Anything Goes - Family Friendly).  This will be challenges #238 & 239.  Be sure and check out the other designers' cards for some creative inspiration!

Here is my card!  (sorry the verse is a little fuzzy)


I've stamped onto Arches 140 lb water color paper with Versamark and heat embossed with Ranger white embossing powder.  The stamp set is the Stamper's Anonymous stamp set called Flower Garden. I fussy cut the top part of the flowers and then popped them up with dimensional adhesive.
I've used my brand spanking new Zig Clean Color brush markers to color the flowers, my daughter got these for me for my birthday (thank you Amy!) 
I am looking forward to giving this card away to a friend that is going through a rough time right now.  Her husband just found out he has stage 3 lung cancer last week and about a month ago she was laid off from her job.  Thankfully, her husband is a veteran and he can get his treatment locally which will be a huge blessing for them.  The Scripture on the card will be an encouragement to them both.  They are trusting Jesus to see them through this tough time. 
 It's so ironic that this past week in our ladies Bible study (Armor of God - Priscilla Shirer) we were on the verse that was about how our feet were to be shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace.  So our homework all week long was about "peace" and isn't that just like our Lord to work that out to encourage his children! The Lord is good! I suppose I shouldn't say "ironic" but "divine intervention".  God's peace passes understanding!
Here is the Scripture art that is free to use:

This weeks challenge sponsors are Paper Smooches and All Dressed Up!! So be sure and play along for a change to win one of the prizes!!

Thanks so much for visiting!!  Have a great week.


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful card and I know your friend will appreciate the thought and love that went into it. Wishing you the most blessed day Natalie. XOXOX

    ReplyDelete