Friday, May 12, 2017

Happy Thoughts! Mustard Seed Faith Challenge

Hello Delightful friends and family!

Just a quick post to share a card. I will be entering this at the Mustard Seed Faith Blog - God as Creator is the challenge as well as a sketch (which I didn't follow this time). The ladies shared the lyrics to the song by Big Daddy Weave called Overwhelmed. It talks about how overwhelming God is in His power, His mercy and of course His creation.  You don't have to go far to see His creation (just look in the mirror!).  I think of the saying about stopping and smelling the roses, well this card doesn't have roses but it has flowers and when you stop and look at each flower and realize they had to have a designer and that designer is God, it is overwhelming!  Flowers most definitely shout out about the glory of God!


The flower stamps I've used are a set by Sweet 'n Sassy called Pretty Potted Florals (which were designed by NinaB Designs who incidentally years ago designed my blog signature and I don't want to ever replace it! I love it!)
The sentiment is from the set called Happy by Hampton Arts.
I've colored with Tombow Markers and stamped with Archival Jet Black ink.  The watercolor paper is Strathmore 140lb cold press. The card stock is Neenah bright white 80lb and I've cut it to be a 4.25" square card.  The die is from Spellbinders.
I double stamped two of the flowers and one leaf that hangs over the framed die. The butterfly is from a stamp set called Floral Silhouettes One (JustRite Papercrafts) which I used my Tombow markers to ink up on the watercolor paper. I've popped up the main image with dimensional adhesive as well as the two extra flowers.

Well that's it for me today!  Have a great weekend. Thanks for visiting.

PS Just found out I won a prize at MSF blog for the last challenge!  Thank you!!

Praise the Lord, O my soul. O Lord my God, You are very great; You are clothed with splendor and majesty.  Psalm 104:1


Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Your coloring on these flowers is wonderful! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this is definitely happy and beautiful to boot!! God's creation is evident everywhere and flowers are one of my favorites of His handiworks! Love your blog signature too!
    Thanks for joining us at Mustard Seed Challenges blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unique & beautiful flowers--lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie this is such a fun, bright and cheerful design smacking of spring.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful card! Isn't Nina fabulous? And yes, you did win, if you send me an email at jeannezturner@hotmail.com we can arrange for your prize!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cheery flowers, I love the placement of the sentiment. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how pretty Natalie. Love the images, the rich colors... and your thoughts! How true!

    ReplyDelete